Murphys, CA…As you may have read, the Governor’s office has permitted winery tasting rooms to reopen beginning today. As Calaveras County Health Department signed off on meeting the Country Variance Requirements for containment of Covid-19, we are able to move forward with reopening. BUT we must follow some very specific safety procedures to ensure both staff and guests are safe. We appreciate your patience as we work to slowly reopen and hope that you will continue to checkout our Tasting Room Directory as time goes and and safety protocols change.
- Tasting Room Staff will be wearing face coverings as required. Visitors to tasting rooms are asked to wear a Face Covering to ensure we can continue to remain open. We must keep the numbers of new Covid-19 cases to a minimum if not at zero in order to reopen tasting rooms. You can wear the face covering when entering and leaving BUT can take off to enjoy your wine.
- Not all tasting rooms will be offering wine tastings or glass sales due to the many compliance tasks required to reopen under the current phase. Be sure to check the Tasting Room Directory HERE to find out who will offer bottle sales only VS wine to enjoy while visiting.
- Some of our tasting room managers will ask for you to make a reservation before visiting so be sure to check the Tasting Room Directory above for details.
- Group gatherings of more than 12 are not permitted at this time. Please plan your time in wine country accordingly.
- If sick, please stay home. We are family run winery tasting rooms and prioritize safety first. Thank you for helping us out.
- The CWA Wine Information Center will be open today through 5:00 and Saturday & Sunday 11:00-5:00 at 202 Main Street Murphys. Feel free to stop by to get latest tasting room maps and information.
- Most of our restaurants have reopened and we suggest that you call ahead to make reservations and can find the list HERE.