Day Use Updates
- Icehouse Day Use Area will remain open with fees waived at this site.
- Lovers Leap, Pyramid Creek Trailhead, and Caples Boat Ramp are closed.
- Caples Lake Dam/Trailhead will remain open, but restrooms will be closed.
- This will the be the last weekend for Woods Lake Trailhead and Day Use Area.
- Stumpy Meadows Reservoir remains open with fees waived at this site. The water level is low for using the boat ramp, but kayaks and canoes will have easy access.
Fork Fire Closure – Crystal Basin Area
Interior burning continues on the Fork Fire which is 1,673 acres and 85% contained. Forest Order 03-20-19
prohibits entering the closure area around the Fork Fire due to ongoing fire activity and fire suppression operations. More information is available on Inciweb at: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7165/
Point Fire – Nevada Point Ridge Area
The Point Fire is 93 acres, and 97% contained. This fire is located 4 1/2 miles west of the Fork Fire on the opposite side of the Rubicon Canyon. Both the Point Fire and the Fork Fire are burning in the footprint of the 2014 King Fire. More information is available on Inciweb at: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7254/
ALERT: Visitors are asked to please avoid the 14N10 road on Nevada Point Ridge due to heavy equipment using that road for fire suppression repair and rehabilitation.
Visitor information specialists are available by phone to assist with trip planning from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday:
· Forest Supervisors’ Office – 530-303-2412
· Georgetown Ranger District – 530-334-6477
· Pacific / Placerville Ranger District – 916-500-4712
· Amador Ranger District – 209-259-3774